Monday, June 11, 2012

The X-Gays Podcast Intro

"The X-Gays is a monthly podcast dedicated (mostly) to all things X-Men, hosted by two very, very gay men - Jason Brock and Brian Andersen. Each month Jason & Brian dive into Marvel's X-Men family of comic books to offer gleeful reviews, oh-so-colorful opinions, a special spotlight on a beloved x-character, an award-worthy dramatic reading, and a special look at one non-X-title."
                                                                                                                           -TheX-Gays.com 

Episode 10 opens with an all-new theme song featuring the voice talents of Jason Brock singing to music made by yours truly. I've never done anything with vocals before, luckily Jason did all the heavy lifting in that department writing his own lyrics and creating a vocal melody that took the music I wrote to a whole new level.

It's a huge relief to see this one escape into the world, it's been in the works for more than 6 months. I guess this could be considered a nod to dubstep (sort of) but mostly I just wanted to make something light and fun for the guys. I used low frequency oscillators simultaneously on a bass AND treble synth which is something I had never tried before. Jason and Brian contacted me at just the right time as I was in the midst of a house music fury and they wanted a track that their listeners could dance to.

UPDATE!: well, this one only lived for 3 episodes but that is because Jason Brock has left the podcast to be on X Factor.  break a leg, Jason!

No comments:

Post a Comment