Friday, November 25, 2011

Imminent Quench (4th Interchange)

Imminent Quench fuses an 8-bit synth with more modern electronic sounds.  This song features the most automation I've ever put into a single track.  Automation allows me to manipulate any setting and dial on my DAW as much or as little as needed to fit the moment bringing a more dynamic feel to the overall song.  The most basic kinds of automations are used for panning sounds and fading volume in and out.  Here I also applied them to knobs in the mixer to adjust FX levels on the fly, not to mention going a little nuts with the pitch and tempo.

   Imminent quench (4th interchange) by Remedial M-Theory

After listening to the last few tracks I've posted here, I get the feeling I'm in a bit of a creative rut.  The music is all starting to sound the same and bleed together.  I guess that means it's time to try something new.

Hold on to your butts.

1 comment: